New Rocker Arm Adjusting Screw



After the last repair in January 2010 by the workshop and having driven for 1500km. I found the engine showing sign of under power. The engine knocking sounds seems to be getting louder. I decided to open up the engine compartment for an inspection. I found engine oil was leaking from the cylinder cover and the dip stick was at the minimum level. 

On 10 Mar 2010, I decided to bring her back to the workshop for a thorough inspection. When we opened the cylinder covers we found 2 pieces of the rocker arm adjusting screw were broken. I made a decision to have them replaced and also renewed the engine oil and filter.

Other inspection was done on the valve caps, cam and cam rollers for wear and tear. As for the engine oil leaks, it was rectified by smearing high temp glue on the contact surface of the cylinder cover. 



New rocker arm adjusting screw, it seems that Hyudai and KIA share the same part

No comments: