Side Storage Top Rack

Due to storage space constraint, I decided to build an over head side storage. The side Air con ducting in the Delica was really not of much use so I decided to remove and replace with a storage rack. Removing the ducting did take time, firstly in involves removing the vane and there are screw holding the ducting to the vehicle chassis. 


After that was remove, I duct tape the cabin air-con outlet to the ducting so no air-con would escaped.
Next the construction of the shelf was rather easy, purchase the light wood, some angle brackets and screw. 

To mount the angle bar on the vehicle chassis, I had drill a hole and use rivets to mount it in place. 

To make the netting, I have used plastic insect netting which is used for doors and windows. Measure, cut to size and use duct tape around the perimeters. The top part had Velcro so it will stick to the vehicle ceiling material. The bottom I punch hole grommets for later part to screw to the shelf

















No comments: