Workshop January 2010

When I got this vehicle, I did notice there was a leak on the turbo charger. This is not a real big problem, likely is the gasket. When in the Mitsubishi workshop, I was able to inspect the under carriage only then did I notice there was another leak, the fuel pump. Guess I had more work than I expected so I decided to have the fuel pump, turbo charger serviced and other preventive measures. 

List of services and repairs I requested
*Fuel pump overhaul including timing
*Injectors overhaul
*Renew fuel filter
*Turbo charger overhaul and clearance measurement
*Renew complete ATF (auto transmission fluid)
*Renew engine oil
*Renew oil filter
*Renew air filter
*Renew all belts including timimg belt
*Recalibrate valves clearances
*Renew coolant
*Calibrate wheel alignment including renewing of steering dampers
 
But before I carried out the repairs, I got the workshop supervisor Mr Wu to take compression readings on all the 4 cylinders just to be sure I am not in for new surprises. Mr Wu took the readings by installing the compression gauge from the glow plugs connections. The readings came out healthy averaging around 34kg/cm2.   

Additional unforseen work
*Replace complete re-conditioned radiator due to corrosion and bent fins
*Replace coolant thermostat
 


Fuel pump 

Turbo Charger

Auto transmission fluid

Air Filter

Compression Gauge

belts

steering damper

engine radiator

No comments: